Sunday 24 August 2008

Janmashtami

Today, as I was riding through the busy streets of Gwalior on the eve of Janmashtmi- a festival celebrating the birth of Lord Krishna... an unexplainable aura gripped me and led me through the festive spirit of India-ness. It is a special feeling to feel Indian, rarely it happens but when happens, it leaves you with goosefleshes and a glitter in the eye.

People had come down to the roads to celebrate the birth of their favourite deity. Such love, such faith, such enthusiasm.... it fixed a smile on my face....

Human pyramid in the middle of the road to break the matki, all the order in the chaos.... people here love to celebrate the fact that they can celebrate. I am proud to be one of them!

GOVINDA AALA RE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't leave without saying anything...!