Thursday 26 April 2012

The Day We Really Met

This post is part of the contest It was never going to be an ordinary day.. on WriteUpCafe.com


It was never going to be an ordinary day,
I forgot whether the month was June or May.

The day I realized the world is wooden,
and dreams are made of clay.

I see you smiling, dancing across the hall,
with your prince charming, giggling all the way.

My love for you was lost, I was happy for you,
but my greed for your love didn't sway.

Was it love? Perhaps I never loved you,
My mind was dirtier than an ash tray.

We had met before, with me on all fours,
behind you, pleading, wanting you to say-

Say that you love me too, with all your heart.
I wasn't sure that it was the right thing to say.

I wasn't sure whether I loved you or not,
but I wanted you to say it anyway.

That was earlier, me wooing you,
you unsure, and this is today.

I can handle seeing you with someone else,
I have feelings but, I can keep them at bay.

I no longer struggle, to tell you something,
in my battle with my heart, I can have my way.

I've grown stronger? No, that's not the case,
you've not been listening carefully,
I fought my heart, it had a metal sword,
but, my sword was made of fickle, frail, clay!

5 comments:

  1. I liked these lines the most"Was it love? Perhaps I never loved you,
    My mind was dirtier than an ash tray"...a nice poem, Abhyudaya:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice poem.
    www.rajnishonline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed the journey your words took me on. Well done and best of luck in the competiton.

    ReplyDelete

Don't leave without saying anything...!